Pagan CentralFun StuffWhat's OnArchive The Family Moot, Hall Green
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The Family Moot, Hall Green  (Read 3912 times)
Kiel
Web Team

View Profile WWW
« on: July 21, 2011, 01:11:47 PM »

• Date: //
  • Time: 2:00pm - 6:00pm
  • Telephone: 01212493164

The Family Moot Coffee/Walk and Talk Moot occurs biweekly on a Saturday from 2pm onwards in the Mill Cafe (or at Tony and Allis's house in Winter). The coffee and cakes are inexpensive and the setting is pleasing, set away from the road and nestled in parklands.

Depending on the weather, the mobility of attendees and moot mood, there is the option of going for a walk around the surrounding parklands, including Joys Wood and Moseley Bog.

LATEST UPDATE:

our next 'mill' moot and all those after until the mill re-opens in the spring will start at my house for beverages and a bite to eat (which will be free but all donations towards will be greatly appreciated) and move on from there to moseley bog or other local areas of interest dependant on what attendees decide on the day. (If we go to the bog, non drivers can be taken in our car)

If you would Like to come, please PM Allis, Tony (Yspaddaden) or Kiel by clicking their names then 'personal messages'.

Kiel can be reached by mobile: 07878988779 or by email: admin@pagancentral.org

In the winter months, the mill is closed, an alternative venue is still being discussed.
Click here (calendar) to be sure of exact dates.

Address and Travel Details: http://www.bmag.org.uk/sarehole-mill/getting-here

About the Mill:
The 200-year-old mill at Sarehole is one of only two surviving watermills in Birmingham. The cobbled courtyard and mill pool are a tranquil haven from 21st century life outside, while the buildings and their impressive machinery give a unique insight into the lives of the millers who once inhabited this rural retreat. More than seventy watermills once occupied the riverbanks around Birmingham and there has been one at Sarehole for at least 460 years.  Sarehole was first built as a corn-grinding mill but has also been used for rolling sheet metal, grinding blades and wire rolling.

The Mill was once rented to Matthew Boulton before he moved to Handsworth to build his famous Soho Manufactory. The local landscape also provided inspiration for the stories of JRR Tolkien who spent his childhood here.

Official Site: http://www.bmag.org.uk/sarehole-mill
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 05:33:04 PM by Kiel » Logged

"..have an open mind, and not let a little bit of truth check the rush of a big truth, like a small rock does a railway truck. We get the small truth first. Good! We keep him, and we value him; but all the same we must not let him think himself all the truth in the universe"
Kiel
Web Team

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 10:55:39 AM »

Hey all, I was milling over a few ideas for the next moot and my attention turned to the horde of felled wood in my back garden from a sycamore tree. Nobody really does talks or workshops on the moot scene anymore, how about a staff/wand making workshop for the next moot?

I have plenty of tools to bring, do you think we can get away with not being insured i.e. "there's a knife over there, feel free to pick it up and do what you like with it" etc.

Obviously kids can't touch knives, but maybe sandpaper/paints etc? let me know what you think. I think the area under the oak tree in the bog is a pretty inspiring creative space myself. There's also lots of vines and things (as illustrated yesterday) for people to pick up interesting additions for their crafts.

"..have an open mind, and not let a little bit of truth check the rush of a big truth, like a small rock does a railway truck. We get the small truth first. Good! We keep him, and we value him; but all the same we must not let him think himself all the truth in the universe"
Yspaddaden
The Oldest Man, but a young bard. /l\
Regular Members

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 11:08:05 AM »

Sounds like it could be Fun.
Ailis Could Possible Show us to bind some thread onto it too.

BB

Ysp /|\

"Its the only world we have, so lets protect it while we can. Its all there is, and there aint no more" - Dead Kennedys - Hellnation
Ailis
always learning
Regular Members

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011, 01:29:20 PM »

yeah sure why not, sounds like a good idea to me. if knives are kept with adults and no just put down children won't have an accident and Kya is desperate for her own staff Smiley
We'll bring a first aid kit just in case of accidents (but we won't be having any)
kids should be fine with a bit of sand paper, they can also be sent on the search of feathers and such.

Make the impossible possible
Ailis
always learning
Regular Members

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2011, 08:10:11 AM »

Currently not on the calendar but next moot is this saturday 2pm

Mayfly

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2011, 08:04:23 PM »

A sudden thought, is it a good idea to put your address openly on the forum? I put my telephone out once as a contact number and got some nasty phonecalls, I would not give out my address, there are some wierd people out there

Judy
Kiel
Web Team

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2011, 01:42:19 AM »

Mine's been on various places all over the web, I haven't had any nasty calls, only moot enquiries.

Ailis
always learning
Regular Members

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2011, 08:20:17 AM »

I'm not worried about my address being on here because of the good old telephone directory where my name was attached to my address for years and distributed to the entire population of Birmingham.
There are a lot of wierdo's out there but the worst thing I've had is someone advertised a non existent employment opportunity using my name and address in a local paper and I got cv's in the post, and that was a policeman's wife!

Butterfly
Regular Members

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2011, 01:47:54 PM »

I have someone enquiring about your moot, and wondered if its running through the winter months, or if not when does it start up again/..thankyouxx

Kiel
Web Team

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2011, 02:12:03 PM »

probably best to give out the contact details

Ailis
always learning
Regular Members

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2011, 11:37:49 AM »

hi
yep the moot is still going through the winter we're having coffee at our house in Billesley and then going for a walk afterwards.
You can contact me on 01212493164
if I'm not home leave a message and your number and I'll call you back.

Ailis
always learning
Regular Members

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2011, 03:40:21 AM »

By the way, no moot this coming Saturday as it's Xmas eve and we have a load of extended family to see.

emily84
Regular Members

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2012, 04:15:38 PM »

Hi,

Are you still running this moot into the new year?

Emily
Ailis
always learning
Regular Members

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2012, 10:42:10 PM »

Hi emily,
yes we are. moots are every 2 weeks, next one is on the second Saturday from now.
If you'd like to come along or you just want to sound me out about it just give me a call. If I'm not in leave your name and number at the machines prompting and I'll call you back.
tel: 0121 249 3164

Ailis
always learning
Regular Members

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2012, 08:50:41 AM »

just to let you know the moot is back at the mill tea room until October. In addition we are moving the day to Sunday as Saturday is becoming a bit of a hectic day for us

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: